When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a West Coast, US based Senior Field Applications Specialist to support the BioProduction Purification business within Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is a field based position, so the applicant can be located anywhere along the US West Coast.
• Partner with the local commercial team to drive the technical aspects of pre-sales and post-sales activities with our bioprocess customers
• Support POROS and Capture Select product lines and new product development activities for downstream processing
• Presales – Technical presentations on the features and benefits of our products. Lead technical discussions on downstream purification challenges and position Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities
• Post sales – Consultation on product evaluations and purification process development, chromatography optimization and troubleshooting, support pilot to large scale column packing activities
• Represent customer interests on product development teams, working with business and marketing colleagues to scope market segments, aid collection and analysis of voice of customer data and aid development of product positioning statements.
• A knowledge leader, who through their own contributions, demonstrates advanced uses of purification products to develop key proof statements and marketing literature to support product launches, business and commercial teams.
• Write technical reports from customer interactions and own and monitor territory evaluations
• Deploy new products into key customer alpha and beta-sites, provide onsite product support, analyze and present key findings and recommendations to product development teams.
• Work alongside business development and sales representatives in pre and post-sale situations.
• Be an accomplished presenter to deliver new product application messaging internally, at conferences and during interactions with customers.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and product line teams
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
• B.S. or higher degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology or chemistry
• Significant experience (7+ years) in a downstream process development setting where chromatography based purification methods were developed, scaled and validated or a similar chromatography resin vendor applications role
• Experience with process scale column packing (>100L)
• Experience with filtration or other downstream unit operations
• Ability to operate and interpret data from AKTA or alternative process development LC chromatography workstations
• Knowledge of small scale, pilot scale and large scale chromatography and column packing
• Knowledge of analytics used to support purification process development, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy and ability to interpret such data sets.
• Ability to work independently, analyze data, troubleshoot and speak in a public setting
• Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
• Experience working in an external-facing role
• Strong written and oral communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.