Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Customer Care Representative works to insure customer satisfaction and the execution of "Best Practices" within Customer Care. The Care Representative interacts with all customers (Direct Customers, Sales, Distributors, and internal departments) to handle a variety of pre-sale and post-sale Customer Care and Distribution functions as required. Works independently with little or no supervision. Based on specialized expertise, may also manage long term Domestic and / or International functions based on location including: Standing Orders, Credits, RGA`s, Account Management, Database Management Address Book, Month End Sales Support, Inventory Management, Shipping, Receiving, Freight Quotes, Export Compliance Regulations, Letters of Credit, as required.
Key daily responsibilities include:
- Respond to incoming customer communication, following through to completion and always demonstrating effective communication throughout the order /pick/pack /ship process. Insures quality customer care is implemented consistently throughout this process.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies a course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Gathers and disseminates information and pursues a course of action for timely resolution. Investigates by contacting other AP departments, supervisors, sales, suppliers, business and channel partners and/or freight carriers.
- Utilizes needed systems to locate required information.
- Analyzes and resolves customer concerns using established procedures. Examines pertinent information to determine validity of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors and resolution, throughout the order /pick/pack /ship process
- Assist and support Sales teams and Distributors as required, throughout the order /pick/pack /ship process
- Investigates overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments already received, and creates preventative processes within the order/pick/pack/ship process
- Record and follow up on customer orders, including the tracking of orders, ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for product knowledge, keeping informed of current merchandise.
- Keeps informed of current Customer Care operating policies and procedures.
- Takes initiative to contact and follow up with customers regarding past orders and/or to offer suggestive up-selling and other promotional programs.
- Maintain accurate, organized customer files, including documentation of important verbal discussions, issues and customer requests, throughout the order /pick/pack /ship process
- Manage inventory accurately throughout the entire order /pick/pack /ship process
- If required by location, pack and ship customer orders accurately, and with attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in all areas of essential functions outlined above.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Contact Center- Distribution environment.
- High School Education from an accredited institution required; College degree preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Outlook, office equipment, mainframe and shipping systems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- The individual should be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner and obtain the ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships within and outside of the Company.
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic work environment.
- Detail-oriented, and highly accurate, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods as required
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated warehouse for prolonged periods, if required by location
- Ability to speak/write in Spanish preferred