Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a talented programmer with a degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field. The position is located in our Tijuana, MX office. The graduate will be working on the eBusiness web development team, including supporting industry leading ecommerce systems.
The successful candidate will have some experience or training working with integrated development environments such as Eclipse and detailed knowledge of the Java programming language. Experience with Java web application development and related web development frameworks is a plus. Coursework in eCommerce, Content Management and search is desired.
·Bachelors or Masters in degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
·Extensive experience with objected oriented design principles, especially with a focus on Java
· 2-3 years of experience with Java 6 or newer versions is essential.
· Experience in Spring framework, microservices and RESTful is highly desired.
· Courses in databases management and development
· Experience or knowledge of Java web application servers
· Experience working with Eclipse IDE preferred
· AJAX and JQuery experience preferred
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal customers in a non-technical manner.
· Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
· Must be able to work with and effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the Team.
· Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
· Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and task”.
· Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
· Must be self confident, assertive and self-motivated.
· Coursework or background in eCommerce, Search or Content Management
· Prior work experience involving programming or Java development