This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects. Candidate must be able to translate business needs into effective technical solutions using Java/J2EE. Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of E-Commerce systems, search and browse system and services that support the company’s E-Commerce business initiatives. Work independently or be part of a team that builds and integrates interactive web sites, applications, and services for both internal and external customers. Must have an in-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle and be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including multiple ERPs, Search Engine Technologies, Middleware and Legacy Systems.
- Work closely with customer sales representatives, development leads and business analysts to debug, develop, unit test, and maintain web applications based on functional requirements and scope of work.
- Contribute and confirm to DTD adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to technology and process.
- Participate in production deployment and provide production support as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of experience in developing and supporting eBusiness applications using Java technologies.
- Must have good Java expertise, must know best practices and be up to date on the latest Java specifications and frameworks.
- Be hands-on in Spring, JSP, RDBMS (Oracle or SQL Server) and No SQL DB; strong proficiency in ANT, Comergent or equivalent E-Commerce framework, Tomcat, XML, JSON, RESTful and Unix.
- Candidate should be performance driven, self-starter and work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Should be an excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a solid understanding of diverse environments and components.
- Hands on work experience with B2B flow within an ecommerce implementation would be a plus.
Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel