Job ID :
Singapore - Marsiling
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification and validation of Gas Chromatography and related Mass Spectrometry systems
- Collaborate aptly with sales, marketing, factories and other business entities to provide a seamless customer experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Leverage and maintain data integrity of service business software to track service calls, manage part inventories and complete job tasks relating to territory management
- Troubleshoot system issues via customer supplied reports, remote diagnostics and documentation to determine nature and scope of service issues
- Coordinate service resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs as needed
- Conduct user orientation of safe operation of instrumentation
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with analytical instrumentation, or 3 or more years relevant industry experience as a GC / GCMS user
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work independently within a customer location
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
- Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field
Three or more years of hands-on experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems