When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for leading the North American sales force to achieve short-term and long-term bookings, revenue and profit growth objectives. The successful candidate will need to effectively manage the outside and inside sale teams, build upon existing standard work processes and continually upgrade the organization’s selling capabilities. Keys to success will be evaluating and developing the current team, identifying gaps and executing a strategic plan to close gaps.
The Senior Sales Manager will work closely with the other functional managers of the business unit and commercial managers of other business units and key regions to drive success.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Deliver bookings and revenue commitments plus other KPI’s as necessary
- Evaluate, coach, direct and develop a North American team of regional sales managers and product managers
- Define and implement new sales processes and capabilities including efficient territory management, key account and distributor / agent management and structured sales methodologies across multiple market segment
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes; leverage modern sales tools like Salesforce, Tableau, Office 365 etc.
- Develop and implement optimal channel management strategies in key regions; implement appropriate channel pipeline management processes
- Drive customer relations with key strategic accounts and channel partners
- Lead establishment of aggressive annual targets for sales professionals, channel partners and regions
- Effectively communicate bookings and revenue outlook to management and the broader organization to ensure visibility into performance and on-time delivery of products and services
- Implement sales tactics to drive sales including, promotional tactics and distribution channels
- Control department expenses against budget commitments and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of success as a sales leader in the industrial, automation or gauging for web/metal market
- Demonstrated success leading teams to leverage rigorous sales processes and methodologies to achieve success. Ideally, candidate will have led a team through a sales process transformation or at a minimum, was a sales manager who helped implement a sales transformation led by another global leader
- Demonstrated effective managing teams selling complex capital instruments or systems to complex customers such as large multi-nationals
- Demonstrated success selling through both direct and distribution channels
- Exhibits data driven decision making and has the ability to translate into action plans for continuous improvement
- Analytical approach to sales management; demonstrated competence managing ‘by the numbers’
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Highly motivated to achieve targets with bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
Travel Requirement: Expected travel 50% of time and often involving international travel
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.