When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Are you passionate about digital marketing and web design? Do you have experience working with HTML in content management systems to design great content? Do you love to work with teams to help develop ideas and bring them to life? Do you actively use data to iterate your design work and continually test and track performance? Are you up to date on the critical pieces of SEO knowledge necessary to ensure your work will be visible and optimized in search engines?
We are a team of digital marketers who work at Thermo Fisher Scientific to deliver best in class industry results. We are looking for partners to help bring our team’s digital presence to the next level. The individual in this role will be a key thought leader in web development and design and will bring a creative view to our marketing department when it comes to producing great web content and bringing their ideas to life. Your role will be pivotal to getting things done in a timely fashion and ensuring that our content performs at the highest level. Successful individuals should be experts at juggling multiple projects and capable of managing execution and project management to ensure your stakeholders are always aware of the status of work and deliverables. Creative and enthusiastic folks should continue reading!
Have you asked yourself?
- How can I help someone translate an idea or concept into a successful web page?
- What are the right keywords to target to get the most search traffic for this content? Am I doing my part to ensure everything is properly implemented for SEO?
- How can I optimize processes so I can work more efficiently and keep my business stakeholders informed?
- What other considerations do I need to be watching for that impact how I would approach building content?
- Does the copy and imagery align with site guidelines and brand standards?
- How is my content performing? Are there changes I can make to help it perform better?
- How do I create compelling calls to action and keep users focused where I need them to be focused?
- Web layout and design for blog and traditional content within a content management system.
- Write and edit featured events and promotions content on the website. Relate appropriate products and categories to content.
- Optimize content for search engine visibility and ranking.
- Provide project management and e-business thought leadership to business and marketing stakeholders when needed.
- Bet the expert in system architecture and capabilities.
- Monitor content performance and optimization.
- Serve as the division’s final approver for unstructured content developed for the website.
- Work with counterparts from other divisions as well as the corporate content team to continually improve the quality of the website and overall customer experience on the web.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- 1+ years’ experience in a marketing-related function.
- 3+ years’ experience with web layout and design.
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills with a high comfort level working with complex scientific topics.
- Previous experience working with a web content management system.
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Heat mapping or session recording tools.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex and technical information for the development of customer facing messaging.
- Strong interpersonal skills, intercultural skills and along with strong customer orientation.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment including working within and among teams and influence others at all levels to move projects forward.
- Be able to work independently with minimal direction or guidance.
- Excellent computer skills including use of office productivity tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must have a high level of intensity and the ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Adobe CQ5 and/or Hybris.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.