About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Trademark Docketer/Paralegal
Reports To: Molly Quong
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Carlsbad, California
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-exempt
Relocation (if applicable): NO
Thermo Fisher has an immediate need for a self-starting, meticulous, accountable, trademark docket clerk to join our dynamic and growing in-house Trademark team. This position requires working knowledge of U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution while supporting the trademark department.
- Trademark docketing.
- Creating new trademark matters in database.
- Ingestion of trademark files.
- Managing electronic/paper records.
- Scanning and uploading various trademark documents.
- Trademark mail person.
- Run various reports, including docket reports, accuracy reports, and any reports that are requested.
- Ensure database accuracy.
- Database administrator for trademarks.
- Foreign renewal administrator.
- When time permits, help with overflow filing of new trademark applications and search requests. Training will be provided (if needed).
- Minimum 2 year docketing experience.
- Trademark experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; must have a paralegal certificate from ABA approved institution.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Must have knowledge of the USPTO/TEAS/TTAB (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board).
- Knowledge of FoundationIP (FIP) and First to File a plus.
- Knowledge of Saegis a plus.
- Working knowledge of USPTO rules, filing requirements, US forms, and e-filing.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a paperless environment with electronic only trademark files.
- Excellent working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe)
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to flex in a frequently shifting environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently, managing multiple competing priorities.
Non-Negotiable Hiring CriteriaDocket experience.
- Must have some IP experience (Patent and/or Trademark)
- This position is a docketing position (primary).