• Manages the delivery of all technical and service aspects of projects and studies for clients.
• Works with the Client to finalize Specifications. This may include meetings at the client’s premises.
• Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer.
• Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study or assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken.
• Serves as the internal link within the company and will have direct contact with all internal departments and direct one on one contact with external customers.
• Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
• Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
• Interacts with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure.
• Responsibility (or joint responsibility with the Project Manager) for ensuring that all business activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
• Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer.
• Timely provision of reports and other information to customers if applicable.
• Monitors project activities and day to day business.
• May coordinate shipments through the logistics department, and writes Distribution orders in a timely manner.
• Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting.
• Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation, and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required.
• Provides back-up support to Project manager(s), including financial and quote forecasting.
• Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
• Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
• Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
• Requires strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
• Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
• Requires ability to learn and master all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, GPMS, Trackwise).
• Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field.
• Requires 2-3 years of successful experience in project management as a Project Coordinator.
• Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
• Requires proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
• Requires excellent communication, organizational skills and project co-ordination skills.
• Prefer proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
• Prefer in depth understanding of clinical trials.
• Prefer basic understanding of Project Management concepts.
• Prefer Certification in Project Management by a recognized institution in project management.