About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position partners with the, VP of CSD Manufacturing Operations, VP of EHS & Sustainability, Sr. Director of PPI and the Director of Business Operations for the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) Operations team to build people and organizational capabilities enabling business results. A successful candidate will develop organization and talent strategies, and lead change management initiatives needed to enable those strategies.
- Aligns global business strategies with HR strategies and initiatives, diagnose business challenges, explore alternative solutions and recommend best-fit solutions. Drives alignment of HR processes with the goals of the LSG Operations organization.
- Partners with leaders to identify human capital needs and opportunities; develops programs, tools, and techniques to meet those needs and to strengthen organizational performance. Participates in business leadership meetings to identify HR implications relative to business strategy.
- Leads and conducts performance analyses to determine individual and organizational gaps. Analyzes a broad spectrum of data, and identifies trends. Develops targeted interventions and development strategies to address gaps.
- Manages the rollout of Corporate and Operations programs, policies, and initiatives, and works with HR Generalist team (both Corporate and Field) to ensure consistent implementation and application of programs.
- Analyzes employee/operational data (turnover, staffing, talent management, employee survey, compensation-related, etc.) to proactively identify areas of concern. Works with managers to address issues. Creates workforce plans to identify and address the talent acquisition, development, and retention objectives (e.g. diversity).
- Coaches managers on assessing and developing talent, and recommends actions to build organizational bench strength for management positions. Acts as a resource to employees and managers on career development. Manages multiple employee processes including talent review, performance review and calibration processes.
- Designs and develops operating models, structures, mechanisms, and workforce plans that drive the manufacturing, PPI and EHS strategies for LSG Operations during a time of significant integration.
- Influences the global/regional footprint for the manufacturing networks and EHS and develop optimal workforce model (e.g. headcount targets, spans, layers, total cost of workforce).
- Participates in activities such mergers and acquisitions, integrations, restructurings, etc. Assesses the organization's current state and readiness for change. Collaborates with managers to conduct risk analyses; makes recommendations, communicates plans and expectations, and implements necessary changes.
- Ensure compliance with all labor and employment laws.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience required. Masters degree or advanced education, training, and/or certification preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years relevant professional level Human Resources experience.
- Successful candidate will possess: Learning orientation
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Strong communication and change management skills required
- Ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally
- Experience working across a complex, highly matrixed environment
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of, and hands on exposure to, the full mix of HR functions in a global environment. This includes HR functions within and outside of the US, employee and labor relations, compensation, organizational effectiveness and talent management.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)