Job Title: Clinical Account Consultant
Requisition ID: 48069BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Support the clinical market on the operation of Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio in Next Generation Sequencing.
- Promotion of oncology solutions to existing customers.
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites.
- Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers.
- Streamline the New Product Integration (NPI) of all NGS oncology panels and products.
- Liaison to regional contact in the development of NGS clinical oncology panels & products (software & data analysis).
- Provide initial training to customers at their own laboratories and at Thermo Fisher customer training locations (software & data analysis).
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to integrate the use of NGS oncology products into the data analysis workflow.
- Quarterly visit and update for oncology accounts.
- Working with the account manager to drive sales at new oncology accounts.
- Continuously updates scientific knowledge for support of customers.
- Promote clinical solutions at customer sites and in conferences/user meetings.
- Communicates effectively within team to enhance others knowledge.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Estimated up to 50% travel, both domestic and international
Key Selection Factors
- 5+ years of experience in Clinical/Life Science.
- PhD/Masters degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Life Sciences is highly desirable.
- Experience in molecular biology and next generation sequencing applications is mandatory.
- Bioinformatics experience is strongly desirable.
- Previous experience as application specialist in the clinical market or any NGS/BFX experience desirable.
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Understanding of the Diagnostic markets and ability to gather good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment, a team player, effectively work cross functional (interdisciplinary) and communicate empathically.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills.
- Highly adaptable and independent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills- experienced and enthusiastic presenter of technical topics to academia/industry environments.
- Excellent Mandarin and English skills – verbal and written
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.