Educate, train, and coach employees in the safe and correct performance of assigned duties. Ensure the safe and proper performance of procedures associated with manufacturing. Organize and control production in their assigned area with a constant goal of increasing efficiency, quality, and productivity. Meet production goals by efficiently delegating tasks and providing job direction. Assist production associates with quality assurance questions and concerns Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Train and coach on 5S, providing feedback using 5S audit form. Develop a Gemba walk and perform regularly to ensure shop floor control. Use results to develop training and coaching opportunities. Use Leader Standard Work to focus on Lean Management, visual controls to monitor actual versus expected, and maintain discipline of daily accountability to drive improvement activities. Use visual management to constantly monitor efficiency of production systems, coordinate activities to correct issues, and use an escalation process to correct issues that cannot be immediately resolved. Lead PPI solo teams to investigate and remedy, when possible, production failures. Provide input for performance evaluations. Support supervisor in daily activities when required. Notify supervisor of personnel problems as they arise. Coordinate efforts to help other departments when necessary. Operate machinery when needed and make adjustments when necessary. Notify maintenance when equipment is not operating to standard. Must be able to handle packaged animal blood and, if necessary, human blood.
The Production Lead’s performance will be evaluated on the performance of their assigned lines and people, as well as the following expectations:
- Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services and products.
- Meets commitments and ensures that deliverables are completed on time.
Embraces PPI (Practical process improvement)
- Utilizes PPI to improve business process and address production problems.
- Looks for opportunities to constantly improve processes.
Focus on Growth
- Works to meet departmental goals.
- Comprehends all aspects of required work.
- Understands and is clearly able to describe work processes to others.
- Maintains a professional manner when problems/conflicts arise
- Arrives on time to work, meetings and from lunch or breaks
- Able to be relied upon for thoroughness and accuracy on assignments
- Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and environment
- Follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Takes initiative to learn new skills or improve current ones
High School Diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EXPRIENCE:
- PC literate
- Experience in a manufacturing environment / processes
- Experience in machine operation
- An understanding of quality systems
- Experience in controlling manufacturing schedules
- Line management experience
- Proven track record of achieving stretch targets
- Continuous improvement tools & techniques
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Lift up to 30 lbs. Push/pull up to 600 lbs. wheeled kettles. Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day. Walk short distances, maneuvering self around machinery and co-workers. The production Lead must have the Ability to see in color. Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed. Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s etc.) to the Area Supervisor. Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition. Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Refer to job specific Job Safety Analysis. Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.