Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading a team of Sales Representatives and Specialists assigned to the region to achieve LCD North America revenue growth and profitability objectives.
- Manage all Generalist Sales Representatives and Specialists in Regional to deliver LCD North America revenue, profitability, and market share growth objectives.
- Develop the LCD North America commercial sales plan, including assisting, developing and implementing tactics to accomplish growth targets.
- Work closely with Business Unit product management teams to insure clear communication and understanding of marketing and new product plans.
- Manage sales forecast for the Area assigned using Salesforce.com
- Approve proposals for assigned Area to manage price and profitability.
- Define, and assist in the development of, core competency requirements of the sales team..
- Coordinate with Customer Service and Supply Chain operations to ensure that customer support competencies, processes and results are aligned to meet customer needs.
- Work with teams to define trades show strategies
- Work with Area distribution partners to drive regional revenue goals.
- Employ and embrace PPI as a means to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the LCD selling organization.
- Participate in the selection, hire, coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Actively participate in and successfully complete required training in Role Model Leader and other required TMO training initiatives.
- Support the development of all direct reports using the PMD process and hold direct reports accountable for attaining their business goals.
Bachelors degree required in Life Science and/or other related field.
- 8+ years’ sales and/or field sales management experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels.
- Experience in direct sales and marketing of Scientific Equipment
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships
- Oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Experience with both direct and distribution selling environments is desired
- A solid foundation in financial skills used in a selling environment.
- Demonstrate the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)