Sr. Cost Accountant
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
The Senior Cost Accountant position will be part of the cost accounting function within the LSG segment of ThermoFisher Scientific.
What will you do?
The Senior Cost Accountant will have responsibilities related to:
- Auditing of global SKU level item master data and standard cost data in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Interface with all levels of company employees and must demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Lead process improvements in data reporting and extracts of data and reconcile between source ERP system (E1 & SAP) GL and transactional data to consolidated reporting in (HFM) Hyperion.
- Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions (AP, AR, IC, Inventory, Transfer Price, Profit in Inventory, etc…) and ensure GAAP is maintained.
- Support the accounting integration of various mergers and acquisitions
- Support the Global Annual Cost Roll, reviewing new standards and their impacts on margin, inventory revaluation and Capitalized Variance netting
- Take on regular tasks for monthly, quarterly, and annual ending financial close
- Support SOX and External auditors by providing clear supporting explanations and documents
How will you get here?
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience
· You have at least 5-10 years of progressive accounting or finance experience
· Proficiency in Excel and ERP systems is a must (SAP & E1 is desired)
· Hands on research and resolution experience covering areas of technical accounting
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· You thrive in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
· You are a self-motivated, independent asset in the organization who has enthusiasm and energy for the job
· You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
· You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
· You have the ability to take on Ad Hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately
· You are successful in a fast pace environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.