The Industrial Calibration Manager will execute the service strategy for industrial calibrations by assisting the services manager to supervise the day to day activities of the team.
This role will also require hands on support to the service business by performing installation, calibration, maintenance and repair work on instrumentation within the Industrial Products portfolio.
- Responsible for all industrial calibrations across Australia – field and depot.
- Cross train internal calibration/service engineers and field calibration/service engineers.
- Providing technical assistance to customers, service technicians, sales service administration and customer service teams.
- Supervise the day to day activities of the Scientific Service Engineers to ensure the daily service requirements are being met.
- Provide excellent service to customers by being responsive to any service matters, questions or enquiries and to professionally communicate with customers regarding job status, potential delays or problems in meeting their requirements.
- Ensure tactical execution of strategy and direction from Technical Services Manager.
- Liaise with internal (Quality Team) and external organizations (NATA) to maintain accreditations.
- Ensure test equipment is on a register and is being calibrated within the specific time frame
- Perform calibration/service activities as needed based on customer demand/staffing.
- Ensure compliance to NATA standards is maintained for pressure, electrical and temperature within the Scoresby facility.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical/mechanical engineering or related discipline
- At least 5 years Technical Service Experience
- Technical experience in working on industrial equipment preferred
- Previous leadership experience with the ability to influence and drive action through others.
- Ability to convert technical language to a non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to manage through difficult customer situations and resolving them to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Proficient in IT systems and Microsoft applications including Microsoft office and strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximize business opportunities.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.