When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position will oversee product and manufacturing process quality including involvement in the detection of reoccurring issues, potential corrective actions as well as nonconforming processes relating to design, assembly, materials and testing. This position is hands-on in a manufacturing environment which will interact with multiple functions (R&D, Engineering, Operations, Regulatory, and Purchasing).
- Lead Product Quality related activities
- Support the Quality Director in the development of new Quality Management System (QMS) procedures
- Develop Product Qualification and Reliability procedures to assure product meets established performance and reliability standards
- Involvement in receiving inspection and MRB activities as related to material issues
- Monitor and investigate product quality and reliability issues and concerns
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding quality and reliability issues
- Drive corrective actions to eliminate recurring process and material related issues
- Work in team environment with manufacturing, design engineering, purchasing and suppliers to improve quality while reducing material scrap and cost
- Communicate expectations for continuous improvement and realize incremental improvement through the application of quality tools and techniques
- Domestic and Global Travel may be required (< 10%)
- Provide trending analysis on quality issues and performance metrics.
- Respond to customer requests for information or product complaints.
- Able to lead projects, taking responsibility from project definition through stakeholder acceptance
- Comply with all safety requirements
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in monitoring and resolving quality related product issues in a manufacturing/sourcing/engineering environment
- Broad base of knowledge pertaining to optical engineering, and mechanical assemblies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical, optical, and mechanical assemblies to component level
- Ability to effectively present technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, and customers.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects effectively.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with various computer software including MS Excel (pivot tables, charts), MS PowerPoint, MS Project, ERP and MRP queries
- Strong working knowledge of quality related tools, such as structured problem solving, FMEA’s, SPC, DOE’s and Six Sigma
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with lean manufacturing practices preferred
- ASQ certification a plus
- Certified auditor a plus
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.