Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Product Specialists, Cell Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Sales Professional for North America – San Francisco based key accounts, with responsibility for Pacific Northwest.
TSS must be well versed in the language and technology of the Stem Cell and Primary Cell Biology, Drug Discovery and ADME/TOX arena which includes cancer biology, developmental biology, signal transduction and Stem Cell workflow. Knowledge of other therapeutic areas around heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s is a plus. Candidates will be experts in culturing, reprogramming, characterizing and differentiating cells.
Candidate will be working with customers in Big Pharma, Biotechs, key academic accounts and Stem Cell cores. Candidate will work both independently and alongside a team of account managers in order to fully penetrate his/her territory and drive sales revenue.Candidate will be held responsible for a quarterly/yearly quota.
- Supporting the Primary and Stem Cell Systems Business Unit with pre- and post-sale, technical application support.
- Provides technical and sales support in the installation, optimization and maintenance of biochemical and cell based assays, as well as Primary and Stem Cell Systems to ensure the products are functioning according to specifications, and provide answers to customer inquiries concerning product and/or process specifications.
- Lead generation, team selling with regional sales team, moving the sale through the sales cycle, facilitating communication between the customer, the regional sales team, and the business segment, and forecasting and territory analysis.
- Works with the regional sales teams in the development of key accounts, including technical and feasibility meetings.
- Identify major accounts and high potential opportunities in order to assist the sales team in the development and penetration of these accounts.
- Provides training to customers and other responsible sales representatives.
- Provides feedback to the business segment on product performance in the field and suggested solutions and customer support regarding product performance problems.
- Keep abreast of current and potential activities in the territory on items such as competitor products and user requirements.
- Participate and attend sales and marketing meetings, as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry (prefer masters or Ph.D.) or other similar scientific discipline.
- At least 3 years in a similar marketing, R&D or sales role.
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills at all business levels required.
- Requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of other therapeutic areas around heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s is a plus.
- Proven ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives, and develop strong working relationships also preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant markets (ie: academic, biotech, pharmaceuticals), assay development programs in big Pharma and stem cell workflow.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.