Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $18 billion, we have 55,000 employees and serve customers in industry, academia, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
We have an opening for a Sales Engineer to join the Nano-scale Materials Analsyis team.
- Manage territory sales of Microanalysis Products and Surface Analysis Products in the defined territory.
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Microanalysis (EDS)
- Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Microanalysis systems (WDS)
- Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD)
- Integrated X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) spectrometers and related components
- Make sales calls and close capital business in an assigned territory to achieve objectives
- Analyze account needs, developing specific courses of action, executing these plans and revising them as necessary.
- Generate and follow up sales leads and quotations.
- Attend and work on trade shows and exhibits as assigned.
- Know and work regularly with applications scientists, service engineers, and factory resources to achieve objectives.
- Engage current Thermo Fisher Installed instrument base and act as a resource for existing customers.
- Promote the Thermo Scientific Brand
- Travel > 50% Required
- BS Degree in a technical discipline (Chemistry/Physical Sciences/Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 3 years successful sales, technical service or applications experience in the scientific laboratory industry.
- Prior experience with x-ray microanalysis or surface analysis is highly desired.
- Aggressive Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment that highlights your sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- Accurate forecasting ability
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.