When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: customer service, inventory management, and order management. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.