Responsible for the accurate calibration of customers' equipment within the Laboratory's Scope.
- Selects the appropriate method based on the scope of calibration.
- Use and understand calibration software for each test item calibrated, interprets and inputs the results.
- Completes all forms fully and correctly. Avoids error.
- Self-schedules to meet internal and external calibration deadlines. Accounts for working time and productivity.
- Ensures validity of work.
- Reads, understands and follows the Quality System Manual and Technical Procedures and works in accordance to all elements of the ISO 17025 Standard.
- Ensures customer approval, selects appropriate method and assesses feasibility of adjustments, monitors and controls stock.
- Acts as back up to all Metrology functions (calibration of all scopes, preparing test items for calibration, including opening, inspecting cleaning and registering orders).
- Assist the Quality Support Specialist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment such as statistical monitoring or calibration.
- Records daily environmental condition and verifies those conditions are within acceptable limits to perform accurate calibrations.
- Alerts Metrology Manager/Quality Support Technician of any problem related to conditions, equipment or systems.
- Interprets and prepares the calibration documents.
- Participates in in-house technical proficiency testing.
- Works with the team to meet Quality Objectives.
- Stays technically current (reads appropriate literature and refreshes knowledge), attends available training, meetings and conference calls as assigned by the Metrology Manager, and achieves good results on proficiency testing.
- Meets commitments to customers, keeps customers informed and follows up where required.
- Listens and uses customer satisfaction techniques.
- Fosters cooperation within the team by willingly helping others; promotes a positive attitude. Performs calmly in stressful situations and demonstrates flexibility and initiative.
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications
- College diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years as Laboratory Technologist with technical and customer service skills.
- Experience in the field of Metrology preferred and Quality Programs are considered and asset.
- Strong numeric sense and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates effective communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Aptitude for training with the ability and experience in effectively conveying technical information.
- Problem solver with a proven track record in identifying problems as well as presenting well thought out analysis and solutions.
- Bilingualism Imperative (English / French).