- uid62-formLabel data-automation-id="formLabel">Job Description Summary
uid62 aria-invalid=false aria-labelledby=56$309494
uid62-formLabel data-automation-id="textInput">The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for providing laboratory instrument repairs, upgrades, troubleshooting, installation, and preventative maintenance in the field. Field Service Engineer will also have the responsibility to manage an assigned territory and provide service in other territories if needed.
This is a remotely based position in the Southeast and the person needs to be based near a major airport.
uid63-input-formLabel for=richTextEditor-uid64 data-automation-id="formLabel">Job Description
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, upgrades and installs of laboratory instr
- Must have excellent customer interface skills and be responsible for customer satisfaction in assigned territory
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and administrative records in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and improvement of service processes and information
- Joint territory management with the Area Account Managers
- Assist other Field Service Engineers in problem resolution and territory management
- Provide account status and service visit reports to the manager
- Manage and troubleshoot complex technical issues with hardware, firmware and software
- Must be proactive in resolving instrument issues before they become chronic by determining a root cause and course of action
- Responsible for sale of parts and labor
- Comply with local management policies for access to facilities in assigned territory
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, technical bulletins and other relevant materials
- Ensure proper communication and/or documentation for product complaints per SOP
- Must be able to maintain records and reports as required, coordinate activities with peers, manager and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions
In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
- Must have associate’s degree in electronics, engineering, biomedical technology or other applicable field of study. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with related science, engineering and/or customer skills
- Ability to manage a large territory and perform service training, customer training, support and repair of laboratory equipment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be able to travel at least 75% with overnight stays
- May be required to travel to customer sites with as little as 24 hours notice
- Must be able to take at least 10 paid on-call weekends in a year
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.