When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Application Specialist – Will provide quality technical support to ensure that customers receive accurate advice on product use, guidance on product selection, and resolution of technical complaints. They respond to customers' inquiries regarding the proper use of Antibodies and Immunoassays products over the phone or in written form.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities necessary:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software and flow cytometry analysis software
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority activities (tech support calls, training, travel, service calls and other group needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives
- Independently resolve difficult customer problems
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal
- Requires in depth knowledge of Antibodies and Immunoassays products and services
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers
- Assist in developing and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales Engineers
- Provide feedback to factory personnel for product improvements
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience w/ multicolor flow cytometry, including sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills (live presentation and writing sample may be requested)
- MS or PhD in Biology or related field
- Experience with assay and instrument troubleshooting
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.