When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Regional Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of Unity Lab Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers. The Site Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements.
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on the 4-I values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
- Communicates ULS capabilities presentations at customer’s business review meetings;
- Grows the business at new and existing customer sites.
- Conducts site audits
- Responsible for all facets of inventory management
- Maintains RIMS data including building stockrooms, adding/deleting part records, establishing and maintaining max values and reorder points.
- Reviews and expedites backorder reports to prevent stock-out situations
- Works with inventory planner to evaluate usage/trend reports and adjust inventory levels, as necessary.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service.
- Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports. Manages all transactions within RIMS including scanner uploads, web orders, receipts, replenishments and reports.
- Performs inventory adjustments to facilitate cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Is responsible for managing returns of product from remote stocking areas to distribution centers.
- Performs RGAs within the mainframe to support returns within RIMS stockrooms.
- Coordinates inventory requirements with sales, Managed Services, distribution centers and buyers.
- Maintains variance reports to ensure proper fiscal controls.
- Provides application support to remote site specialists, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Inventory or Order Management experience
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- Supervisory/people management experience
- Experience in Regulated Industry
- Knowledge of RIMS and/or Mainframe
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees across several sites
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer centric orientation
- Advanced written and communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Organized with a bias towards action
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com