Job Title; Pricing Director, Immunodiagnostics Division
Reporting to: Senior Director of Business Development & Strategy
Location: Sweden or Germany (ideally close to Uppsala or Freiburg)
The Pricing Director will support the building of the strategic pricing function in the Thermo Fisher Scientific ImmunoDiagnostics Division. The candidate will be accountable for supporting key aspects of the Pricing function at both a central and local level and supports the ImmunoDiagnostics business in providing clear pricing guidelines and strategic pricing decision making. Key internal relationships will be needed with Corporate Strategic Pricing, Global, Regional and Local Marketing, Commercial Organizations and Finance teams. The Pricing Director will define sustainable pricing guidelines, processes and tools, and will be in charge of the roll-out of pricing initiatives and training in order to build best-in-class pricing capabilities across the business. The Pricing Director will report to the Senior Director of Business Development and Strategy.
- Develops the ImmunoDiagnostics global pricing strategy including target pricing, list prices, and floor prices in order to meet business objectives.
- Defines the ImmunoDiagnostics strategic pricing processes, approvals and tools and is accountable for embedding them in the organisation.
- Drives key strategic pricing initiatives aimed at improving ImmunoDiagnostics’ growth and profitability.
- Supports the Product portfolio leaders in defining price points for new products introduced to markets.
- Builds, in collaboration with Finance and Corporate Strategic Pricing, a pricing tracking mechanism and monitor quarterly and annually pricing performance against plan or forecast and report outcome, conclusions and actions to be taken to senior leadership.
- Establishes relationships with internal customers including Finance, Corporate Strategic Pricing and senior leadership in order to support internal needs for changes to pricing models.
- Leads the process of pricing capability assessment and identifies capability building needs, develops and delivers training programs to the organisation.
- Conducts external competitive pricing and offering analysis.
- Builds pricing performance improvement plans together with country management and ensure compliance with regional and local regulations regarding pricing.
- Supports local commercial teams with the implementation of identified pricing opportunities according to the pricing strategy.
- Develops new pricing tools and associated processes.
- Evaluates pricing systems and processes in order to provide measurable improvements.
- Develops pricing strategy to support negotiations for selected accounts.
Qualifications / Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or other relative field. MBA; concentration in Finance is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in international pricing or related finance or business experience (pricing, market analysis, forecasting ) in a fast moving, high pressure environment are desirable
- The ideal candidate will have experience developing pricing strategy and models, implementing and managing pricing processes across large organisations and performing competitive analysis of pricing and offerings.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Experience working with various levels of the organisation including leadership, peers and junior team members
- Experience managing teams and working in a matrix organisation
- Requires understanding of financial data, competitive markets and pricing dynamics
- Experience developing pricing models and pricing strategy
- Strong team orientation and communication skills in English language (both written and verbal)
- Solid understanding of and experience in Healthcare & Diagnostics industry strongly preferred
- Able to interact effectively with multiple international internal and external customers
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to work comfortably with incomplete information and dealing with ambiguity
- Good business understanding and business acumen
- Experience in a commercial role is a plus
- Experience managing complex projects
- Knowledge from quality and compliance work is essential