Job Title: Contracts Attorney
Requisition ID: 48306BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts in accordance with organizational and departmental policies and procedures. As part of this, the Contracts Attorney will perform a risk assessment of proposed terms and conditions and work with the business leads to develop recommendations to minimize their potential risk to the business and also understand what risks are acceptable.
- Review RFPs and RFQs and assist in preparing compliant proposals and quotations.
- Ensure execution of contracts in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Create lean processes for the Legal Department (e.g. for document processing and execution, file maintenance).
- Develop precedents and templates for use by the business.
- Negotiate contracts with third parties together with the business.
- Liaising with and advising other relevant functions throughout the group, such as purchasing, accounting and finance, sales, human resources and marketing.
- Educate and train employees on legal and compliance matters.
- Understand and advise on the FCPA and related laws in relation to their application outside the US.
- Law Degree and admitted to the Taiwan Bar.
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of/Experience with regulatory compliance (SOP, training and investigations).
- Excellent leadership and project management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in planning and organizing.
- Skilled in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Customer centric and focused approach in supporting both external and internal customers.
- In house counsel experience preferred but not required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.