Production Planner III
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With over 50,000 employees worldwide, we understand our employees are a key element of our success. We are one of the world’s most admired companies and a leader in its field.
In this role, you will be based out of our Life Sciences Solutions EMEA head office located in Inchinnan (near Glasgow Airport). The site offers many benefits, including a top class gym, great working hours, free on-site parking and even a Starbucks!
We are looking for a Planner to take the demand plan and develop the supply plan using capacity modelling and MRP, ensuring the lowest cost of ownership model for the business. Effort results in an action plan for constraints and a Master Production Schedule for the site scheduling team to execute.
This position interacts with all levels of internal personnel requiring strong oral and written communication skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of corporate operations. Presents and exchanges information with all levels of management.
- Manage and optimize the Make to Stock, Make to Order processes, and Planning work instructions, and data standards
- Develop processes and procedures for the function of Supply Planning
- Serve as system expert for ERP and Capacity Modelling
- Lead the development and execution of a business supply plan and capacity modelling - Create and manage a capacity model for assigned business units/product lines
- Create a Master Production Schedule for assigned business units/product lines
- Create, manage, and maintain all manufacturing planning data, such as order policy, value order policy, freeze fence, reorder points, lead-time, EOQ, raw material and planning data, WIP planning, BOM & Routings
- Lead planning efforts to optimize the manufacturing engine
- Responsible for metrics associated with inventory to plan, manufacturing cycle time, DNSA scrap, FGs inventory, and capacity utilization
- Bachelors in business or technical discipline
- MBA preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Extensive years of business experience, APICS Certification preferred.
- High performance communication and execution skills
- Advance skills in Excel, Access, Cognos/Data Warehouses, JD Edwards ERP and/or other ERP system
- Exposure to a global and matrix organisation
- Advance knowledge in Supply Planning (Master Production Scheduling, Materials Requirement Planning, Capacity Planning) processes
- Influential Communicator
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Agent
- Problem Solving
- Responds well to change