• Provide subject matter expertise to a China-based team focusing on water monitoring market by leveraging his extensive knowledge and experiences in the area of water analysis including waste water, surface water and process water.
• Orchestrate and lead scientific feasibility investigation in ideation and definition phases of new projects by leveraging in-depth understanding of customer use cases and providing scientific evaluations to help make go/no go decisions about design choices for product under development.
• Provide development directions to guide R&D engineering activities throughout NPD to ensure successful delivery of products that thoroughly meet customer needs.
• Build and operate a professional network of key opinion leaders to provide insights and directions for water analytical instrument development at CIC.
• Work with product marketing function to define the new product development roadmap of water instruments for CIC with a forward looking view of future market opportunities.
• Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific as we interact with key opinion leaders in the forefront of developing national or industrial water monitoring standards, policies and regulations.
• Master/Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry, environmental sciences (could include biologist with strong chemistry background), or possibly chemical engineering.
• >5 years of experience in water analysis.
• In-depth domain knowledge in water instrument development with established professional standing in water analysis or environmental analysis. A strong record of peer review publications is a strong positive.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills with the ability to make timely, effective and fact-based decisions.
• Adequate knowledge and resources to establish & operate an opinion leader group.
• Excellent communication skills both in oral and in written Chinese with the capability to effectively communicate key points and articulate proposals to the senior management.
• Strong self-motivation with the willingness to take challenges.
• Experiences in cross countries and cross cultures projects.
• Good communication skills both in oral and in written English.
• Experiences in technical innovation leadership position.