The BioProduction Sales Specialist for Single Use Technology products will be responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Single Use Technology products within the North East & Mid-Atlantic regional markets. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge to work as part of a team in most situations.
- Works independently on daily activity in accordance with sales activity plan.
- Maintain present customer base while actively developing new process opportunities to build strong pipeline of projects that will fuel future growth.
- Meet sales quota as well as expense targets for assigned territory.
- Effective sales strategies and negotiation techniques are needed to proactively seek out sales opportunities and respond to the needs of the customers and potential customers with innovative solutions.
- Receives specific guidance from product management in special sales situations.
- Effective account management and territory management skills need to drive growth.
- Weekly discussions with sales manager and product manager regarding territory activity.
- Meets periodically with Manager to resolve outstanding sales situations and discuss sales activities and plans.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- 5 years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the North East & Mid-Atlantic markets would be desirable.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support bioprocess containers used in the production of Cell Therapy, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, Pilot Plants and manufacturing sciences.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.