When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Environmental & Process Monitoring (EPM) Americas Field Service Manager is responsible for leading a team of Field Service Engineers that are focused on servicing and repairing field based instruments and systems across multiple industry segments and territories within the Americas region. The Americas Field Service Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the field service operations for the Americas region. The field service manager will play an active role to develop, implement and maintain a world class service strategy and organization to focus on customer satisfaction on a 24/7 basis, while building the field service business into a profitable, revenue-generating segment of the business. The field service manager will also provide support to our direct sales teams and customers to ensure all field service demands are being met to ensure overall customer satisfaction and promote growth for the EPM service business.
- Provides overall leadership and management responsibility for the Americas Field Service organization, consisting of field service staff located remotely across the Americas region.
- Plan and maintain department standard work and budget.
- Continually staffs and provides training and development for each Field Service Engineer on his/her team to ensure high quality personnel are maintained within the organization.
- Establish operational and service products that are consistent with the overall EPM service strategy.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-term plans to grow the field service business in the areas of contracts, training, and T&M
- Drives successful implementation and maintenance of a 24x7 emergency services model.
- Serves as the primary liaison to Engineering and Product Management on product serviceability issues and recommendations related to field activity.
- Drives positive relationship with Sales counterparts to deliver an exceptional level of customer satisfaction and service growth.
- Performs routine travel to customers and with Field Service and Sales personnel to drive continuous improvements and create new growth opportunities.
- Ensures that field service best practices are leveraged throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with Service Product Line Manager to formulate field service offerings to help drive bookings and revenue growth for service.
- 30 – 40% travel
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in business, a physical science, engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience in engineered products, including instrumentation or process equipment.
- Minimum 3 years managing a remote staff.
- Experience managing remotely located field service organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel (30%-40%)
- Strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under tough environmental conditions along side Field Service Engineers (high stack climbs, cold weather, medium to heavy lifting).
- Excellent customer communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions.
- Good negotiating and project management skills preferred
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.