How will you make an impact?
With 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Working with customers, you will provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. You'll have responsibility to drive revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction within one or across a variety of markets like academic, pharmaceutical/biopharma, food safety, environmental and clinical.
In this role, the sales representative will sell HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography products in the Chromatography and Mass Spec Division to customers in the Iowa, and North Central Missouri region. In addition to selling the product line, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth.
Identify and interpret customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers. Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders. Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography instrument business is strongly preferred.
- Fluency with personal computers and sales software is essential for the role.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Ability travel as needed within territory 25-50% depending on location.
- Territory includes Iowa, North Central Missouri, and Omaha.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.