Senior Oracle Database Administrator
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to join our dynamic database management team. The candidate must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience providing Oracle database support in a high performance, highly available database environment. Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong tuning skills, troubleshooting and issue resolution skills, be versed in full life-cycle database support, as well as possess good written and verbal communications skills. Experience with Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Unix/Linux shell scripting, SQL tuning, and production implementation experience are required. An overall, general knowledge of information technology and an ability to resolve complex problems and proactively provide solutions is expected. Experience supporting databases for large applications such as SAP, JDE Enterprise One, data warehousing, or e-commerce solutions is a plus. Experience with Oracle Exadata is preferred. Experience with cloud deployment of Oracle databases is a preferred.
- Work with applications teams to understand and satisfy complex database requirements
- Oracle database installation, configuration, and management in Unix/Linux environments
- Implement, configure, and support Oracle databases, Oracle RAC, and Oracle Data Guard, and Oracle GoldenGate
- Perform Oracle database patching and upgrades
- Provide database performance tuning, including SQL and PL/SQL tuning
- Ensure database compliance with various audit standards, including SOX, PCI, and FDA
- Ensure adherence to strict change control policies
- Provide database user and security management
- Perform database backup, recovery, and cloning using Oracle RMAN and disk-cloning technologies
- Automation of routine database tasks
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in a dynamic environment
- Minimum 7 years Oracle DBA experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Installation, configuration, and management experience with Oracle RAC and standalone databases
- Experience with Oracle Exadata preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
- Strong experience with database and SQL tuning required
- Unix/Linux shell scripting experience required
- Experience with database auditing for SOX, PCI, or FDA preferred
- Experience with Oracle database backup, recovery, and cloning required
- Proficiency with database design for transactional and data warehouse systems required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Support experience with SAP, JD Edwards’ Enterprise One, e-commerce, and/or large data warehouses preferred
- Oracle Golden Gate or data replication experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus
- Experience with deployment and support of databases in a cloud environment preferred.
BS Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.