This individual will lead the EMEA North Clinical Oncology Sales Team through market strategy and commercial execution of the Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Deliverables and Duties include:
- Successfully achieve revenue targets and critical milestones established by the Global Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division and EMEA Regional Leadership Team.
- Establish and grow the Clinical Laboratory Testing Segment for the Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing and Genetic Sciences Division Product Portfolio for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Partner with the Global Clinical Division and EMEA Regional GSD Sales Leadership Team to define and execute strategy across EMEA and clinical segments – provide assessment and analytics for insight and information to make decisions about product roadmap, content strategy, execution focus, etc.
- Responsible for managing a clinical oncology sales team (currently 4 persons), selling the current and future Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio to clinical testing laboratories within EMEA North.
- Directly accountable for ensuring and delivering customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Leadership role directly builds and maintains relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers within the clinical segment.
- Deliver the Clinical Customer Experience – how we sell, support, service, and supply the clinical customers; work with cross functional team members in all functions within the clinical business and regionally.
- Optimize and manage the operating mechanisms for the Clinical Commercial Channels, so the right degree of alignment and connectivity is achieved with maximum efficiency both within the Global Clinical Division and EMEA Genetic Analysis Sales Teams and Leadership.
- Responsible for presenting to Senior Management the regional clinical strategy and progress for defined business metrics.
- Achieve Revenue Targets and Growth in the Clinical Oncology Product Portfolio within the EMEA Clinical Segment in conjunction with identifying the full base of possible target clinical customers including exploring additional applied clinical markets.
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred
- Clear understanding of the Diagnostic markets, together with a proven track record of working with diagnostics solution based products in those markets
- Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Ability to lead a diverse team of clinical account managers across the variety of geographies in the EMEA North Region
- Previous experience operating in a matrix organization where sales team dynamics are an essential part of the success model
- Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Significant Sales experience in clinical market mandatory (management experience desirable)
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Proven track record in interaction with customers involving capital sales and applications support within the clinical markets
- Commercial acumen and the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
Ability and willingness to travel at least 50%. Position is home office based within the EMEA north Region