“What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward—to my coworkers, to the scientific community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and advanced technology.”
-Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Job Title: Field Application Scientist Life Sciences Group
Fluent English Language Skills and a driver’s license are required for this role.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Provide information to customers regarding applications and related products for the CE, qPCR, CA & NGS systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction by coordinating on-site technical support on automation, such as lab setup consultancy, training, troubleshooting, and remote follow up in the territory of South Africa (Occasional support to be provided in Africa).
- Contribute to presales activities by running the most fit to purpose demonstrations.
- Responsible for closing open customer complaint and Impact service by joint problem solving and technical coaching, including activities for third-party companies
- Responsible for providing, in a timely and professional manner, all technical activities to contribute to the success of the business working closely with his/her corresponding Key Account Manager
- Play Major role by preparing & delivering /performing Technical Sales Tasks to support the strategic of presales operations (demonstrations, evaluations, dual visits, seminars/lectures/workshops) of whole solution offer fitting to the customer / market needs
- Delivers professional Service activities (installation and associated training, maintenance, reparation, assistance etc.) in order to provide an optimum Service support to all the local customers to achieve loyalty.
- Contributes to achieve specific Service related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. - while complying with internal rules and practices.
- Acts within general Service policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, team leader, colleagues). Produces timely and accurate reports of the own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc. (via e-mail or written)
Minimum Qualifications/Experience required:
- 2 years + demonstrable experience in applications support (molecular biology applications).
- Molecular Biology / Biology / Life Sciences university degree
- Past experience in a relevant service function and remote field based on-site work
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Office/Home based function.
- Willingness to travel throughout South Africa & occasionally into Africa (50% - 75%)
- Valid passport holder
- Driving license is required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.