Staff Data Analyst
Our Customer Research and Data Analysis group in Carlsbad, California has an open position for a Staff Data Analyst. The ideal candidate must have expertise in the design of market research studies, statistical analysis of data and proficiency in modern analytical programming (R or SAS) with a desire to work closely with internal business partners to deliver and present analytics to enhance our decision-making capabilities.
- Work with key stakeholders in development and execution of market research studies with a focus on life science products
- Statistical analysis of data, including analysis of customer segmentation and conjoint studies
- Interface with finance and portfolio managers to develop financial forecasts and track key metrics for new product initiatives
- Document and present analytically derived results to internal business partners
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline is preferred, though candidates with advanced degrees in other disciplines with extensive quantitative coursework or professional experience will be considered.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative primary market research.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing production grade code on a standard statistical platform (SAS, R)
- Experience with Sawtooth is desired
- Strong strategic thinker who understands the critical role of market research in developing commercial strategy in support of development of new products.
- Strong data analytical and interpretive skills.
- The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required.
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills