Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, is responsible for inspection, assembly, and packing of products. This position will have additional responsibility for the set-up, minor troubleshooting, and returning to standard of post-molding equipment. This includes a variety of automated and semi-automated material handling, assembly, decorating and packaging systems. This role provides support for automation equipment, but will not perform any adjustments to automation equipment.
- Become familiar with product lines and all related visual defects in order to identify rejected parts.
- Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor or set-up personnel.
- Perform 15-minute inspections of high volume production.
- Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles throughout the shift.
- Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e. 15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production of bottles.
- Work to established QC samples.
- Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- In addition to the above responsibilities, this roll will perform additional tasks as time allows to support Automation Setup. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Skinetta issues including roll changes and straitening rolls.
- Sealer recipe changes and sealer setup.
- Reset robot crashes, communicate repeated resets to Auto Setup as appropriate.
- Hot stamp foil changes.
- Refill of printer ink and solvent /change the lot number.
- Bypass robot where appropriate.
- Filter/Frit roll changes.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production environment.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Mechanical inclination preferred.