Responsible for the Receptionist and General Office Duties, as well as performing some confidential Administrative and Accounts Payable duties:
- Receives all visitors to the Whitby Distribution Centre and directs them appropriately.
- Processes all incoming and transferred phone calls received at the switchboard.
- Prepares payroll documents for submission to Payroll Specialist.
- Inform Human Resources of employee changes. (Payroll changes, promotions, address changes, marital status, etc.)
- Queries multiple source databases and compiles weekly and monthly operation reports.
- Responsible for accuracy and maintaining databases in conjunction with IT and Office Supervisor
- Back-up administrator for Time and Attendance System
- Performs all Office mail duties; incoming mail distribution and preparation of outgoing mail as well as distribution of mail to and from Managers' baskets.
- Responsible for Petty Cash Fund - reconciliation and reimbursement requests processed as needed.
- Issues, prepares and monitors flow of local Purchase Orders and Invoices.
- Produce identification labels for inventory purposes as needed by Receiving and Returns department.
- Dates and forwards all job applications to the HR Department.
- Assist as required with coordinating social functions - Service awards, Xmas party, etc.
- Duty & GST disbursements and cheque requests for incoming Post receipts
- Handles all freight billing coding for Transportation Manager
- Prime for all certificates of analysis/MSDS requests and investigations
- Assists Customer Service with key entry work and filing where needed to ensure office standards are being met.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Maintains office-filing system.
- Provides Cross-training as needed
- Maintains database in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs to produce WHMIS labels as required.
- Provides full back up for the Returns Coordinator and Customer Service Functions
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and tact.
- Strong PC skills and demonstrated ability to use excel spreadsheets to format and maintain data.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.