The Program Manager is a high-impact position at a Fortune 500 company, where you will leverage your skills and leadership to influence global and regional programs directed at elevating quality and regulatory compliance. Leading teams across the division’s business units and in close coordination with all key stakeholders, the Program Manager brings consistency, integrity and intensity into strategy-critical project identification, initiation, planning and implementation activities.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Work with Senior Director Global Quality Excellence to support oversight QARA 20/20 Program and coordinate project management activities within the function.
- Be accountable for program results, including project quality and schedule integrity.
- Manage all elements of program charter, including scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Assess project issues and help identify solutions to ensure project stays on track.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, team meetings, reviews etc.
- Conduct regular status meetings with stakeholders, keeping stakeholders needs and requirements in mind.
- Contribute significantly to the development and continuous improvement of the program management processes.
- Work with Senior Leadership Regulatory Compliance to identify upcoming/changing regulations and understand work needed to be done to ready the organization.
- Perform as a Role Model Leader, acting in compliance with the Thermo Fisher Code of Ethics, assuring that all Programs meet Company policies and practices and all regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Business, Finance or Engineering.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience, with 2 years of project management experience preferred.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Drives for Results – Consistently meets goals and objectives with increasing focus on stretch goal attainment.
- Communication Skills – able to effectively communicate in a clear and succinct manner to all levels within the organization.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts rapidly and has an aptitude for building comprehensive industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Negotiation skills - Understands the dynamics of negotiation centered on the goal of achieving the highest value outcome for all parties.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface & influence effectively at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead, direct and manage cross functional teams, influence business partners and get results through others.
- Able to read and interpret complex regulations into right-sized actions.
- Ability to handle conflict with confidence and integrity.
- Must be self-confident, assertive, and self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability and experience coordinating decisions and activity across business functions.
- Process Improvement Experience, PPI, Lean, Six Sigma or Project Management certifications.
- 20%-30% travel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Sound understanding of Regulatory , Product Compliance , ISO requirements.
- This position is not approved for relocation budget.