Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Franklin
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Perform financial statement preparation, review, and analysis.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including update and maintenance of the General Ledger, analysis of account variances and reporting of results to management.
- Coordinate and maintain monthly accruals and standard journal entries.
- Perform monthly analysis of general ledger account variances and reconcile changes.
- Assist in month-end closing activities, including departmental expenses, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accrued accounts.
- Assist on key efficiency metrics to enforce multi site efficiencies.
- Supports sites with requests and required analytics.
- Assist in fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed and that assets are physically tracked in and out of the facility.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and forecast updates.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting packages, taking advantage of opportunities to enhance usefulness and efficiency.
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external statutory audits.
- Ensure compliance with Thermo Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and compliance.
- Assist with government compliance audits for the ASP program.
- FIM/HFM Data Entry
- Lean Accounting transformation and project implementation.
Other Job Requirements:
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned by management.
- Direct supervision for a staff of 3
- Direct supervision for an FLDP participant role
- Provide strong mentoring to direct reports and FLDP participant
- BS degree in Accounting
- MBA / CMA is a plus
- Requires 5 + years of related accounting experience.
- Requires 3 + years of related manufacturing experience.
- Requires prior experience with preparation and review of financial statements.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting.
- Ability to drive businesses to improved processes and performance.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of accurate and timely financial accounting.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; high bias for action.
- Experience with MAPICS, SAP, and FIM/HFM is a plus.