A. Selling of Cell Culture Services and Products to Process Development Clients
- Team selling with Process Science Fellow (PSF) and BioProduction Sales partners in APAC as well as additional areas of the Bioproduction portfolio.
- Present BioProduction capabilities covering cell culture services.
- Advance a dialog with senior leaders and decision makers within the account.
- Identify solutions, potential projects and or pain points that have sales potential.
- Complete complex client negotiations by working with business management to agree and approve project pricing.
- Manage the contracting process by working with client and internal business and legal participants.
- Meet all contract signing targets in region.
B. Coordinate and drive the development of growth opportunities through the combined Gibco Bioproduction Services and BioProduction product offering
- Work/Travel with the broader Industrial and BioProduction account managers.
- Provide selling support for licensing and potential service solutions.
- Manage sales planning and sales execution for service opportunities in APAC.
- Identify opportunities to usher contract negotiations through the signing process more efficiently
C. Participation in the execution of Gibco Bioproduction Services.
- Provide project contract and financial scope transfer to the operational team.
- Participate in insuring total customer satisfaction.
- Report out on region regarding contract activity and opportunities
- Work with BD team to communicate best practices in contract negotiations
Nature and Scope
The successful BD manager will need to balance work time across all of the required activities. The individual must align with Sales (Commercial) Management in the territory, to create a collaborative strategy and meet activity and financial metrics.
The BD manager will need to manage an account target list within the APAC region. It will be important to build alliances with the different selling personnel within the territory. There will be a broader goal of advancing /Gibco Bioproduction Services presence within the process development function within an account and building a strong relationship. During the account development process, it will be important to communicate and update on all Gibco Bioproduction Services capabilities while always remaining vigil for the developing any business opportunity.
Once a Service opportunity presents itself, the BD Manager will need to aggressively work with the appropriate PSF or FAS/TSS to develop the proposal, close the business, and efficiently complete the contracting process.
The ability to effectively influence and guide potential clients is required. The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace is required. Proven relationship building skills required. Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required. Possess a “Can Do” attitude and can handle multiple tasks at once in a fast paced matrix organization. Must be fluent in English and Mandarin. Must be willing to travel. Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management is required.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
The achievement of financial goals, effectiveness at coordinating the team selling process and ability to establish strong client relationships will demonstrate external success. The ability to contribute to the further development of the Gibco business and function within the processes of the business will round out impactful BD Manager contribution.
While the BD Manager’s primary role is the selling and business aspect of the client relationship, it will be important to develop technical understanding of cell line and media development.
Requires a minimum bachelor’s degree in any life science or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including selling, negotiation of agreements and market research. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required. Proven project management experience preferred.
Ideally would have contacts throughout the industry in various management levels in process development, cell line development and manufacturing.
Work in either a ThermoFisher Scientific office or in a remote office environment. Must have flexibility to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Frequent travel required (up to 50%).
- Requires a minimum bachelor’s degree in any life science
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to travel up 50% of the time freely in the APAC region.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including selling, negotiation of agreements and market research.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations.
- Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Ideally would have contacts throughout the industry in various management levels in process development, cell line development and manufacturing.
- The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace
- Proven relationship building skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required.
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management.
- The ability to effectively influence and guide potential clients