Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Bio systems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Position Summary: Responsible for the design, engineering, and development of single use chambers, single use bioreactors and packaging systems used in the biotech and biopharmaceutical industries.
• Generate new product designs and iterate through development.
• Customization to existing product lines.
• Research and develop new technology.
• Project management of assigned projects.
• Interface with and provide support to process engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing, sales, and marketing groups.
• Perform risk analysis.
• Produce CAD solid models and conduct engineering analysis of components/ systems.
• Responsible for materials and component selection, specification, testing, and analysis.
• Generation of specifications and documentation.
• Create engineering test plans and reports.
• Interact with customer base on new product concepts and processes.
• Communicates with diverse audiences and internally with higher levels.
• Travel as required to perform job functions.
- BS Degree in engineering - mechanical, manufacturing, or materials and 5+ years experience or MS Degree in engineering and 3+ years experience.
Following skills desired:
• Engineering design and analysis. Proficient at good engineering practices.
• Development of test plans and test protocols.
• Plastics design experience and processing knowledge for the following: injection molding, extrusion, blow/cast films, and plastic welding.
• Metal design experience and process knowledge for the following: formed, stamped, welded, extruded.
• Experience in the medical device, biopharmaceutical, or cell therapy industries preferred.
• Material selection for the biopharmaceutical or medical device industries.
• Drawing generation, engineering standards, testing, and FMEAs
• Software proficiency: MS office programs, CAD (SolidWorks), FEA
• Project management.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.