When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Technical Support for LED products with an emphasis on refrigeration and other cold product lines. Requires detailed knowledge of refrigeration and troubleshooting skills.
Will supply phone and email support to customers, field service engineers and sales personnel. Provide support articles for service Knowledgeable and possess soft skills to maintain customer satisfaction at a high level.
Provides post sales support (via telephone, fax and e-mail) to address technical product issues.
- Adhere to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures
- Ensures that Thermo Fisher’s customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provide high level of customer service to existing and new customer base.
- Interface closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Effectively communicates and exchanges information among team members.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required.
- Responsible for meeting all required department and company training goals and expectations.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service event.
- Schedules assigned customers, performs corrective actions and reports repetitive or costly repair issues.
- Conducts technical diagnosis of operational problems on various types of laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Enters data into Service Management system.
- General technical knowledge of multiple Thermo product sets.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors’ products and new customer applications.
- Enters various types of data (i.e. sales force cases, service order, invoicing, RMA, etc.) into computer system.
- Participates in depot repairs, training, etc. (may be on a Rotational basis).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Works closely with Product Technical Specialists in the development of technical publications.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of Thermo products within customer environment.
- Maintains records of all service events per organizational policy.
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
- Develop and maintain customer facing information via the online KnowledgeBase and Laboratory Equipment Parts pages as directed by Manager.
- GED or High School diploma required
- Basic electronics & refrigeration experience a plus.
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred.
- Prior technical support experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Technical/professional license may be required depending on product responsibility (EPA) .
- Must be able to travel for training and other events as directed by Manager, including overnight stays. Travel is typically less than 10% but is subject to change.
This position involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.
This position is Not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.