PMO Program Lead/ Digital Technology and eBusiness Delivery
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The PMO Program Lead will assist in the adherence and definition of standards for project management and process within the Digital Technologies Delivery (DTD) group. This person will support the successful delivery of programs undertaken by DTD through effective facilitation, communication, tracking, reporting, and resource and demand planning. The PMO Program Lead will leverage data and analytics from an enterprise tool to help identify gaps and then create the proper mechanisms to drive the desired results.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business/Systems Analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience working in PMO
- Ensure that the project teams are leveraging the Project Management Framework (PMF) from Assessment through Benefits Measurement
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings with project managers, resource managers and directors to review program status and data quality
- Assist Project/Resource Managers with project management activities including cost/financial control, resource planning, communications, phase gate deliverables, demand management and capacity planning
- Work with the PMO Team and Senior Leaders to help practice and spread project management standards, disciplines, rigor and other duties as assigned
- Leverage best practices in the use and integration of project management methods and tools
- Provide documentation of all PMO framework deliverables
- Provide up to date reporting and communications for the organization, including: weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting mechanisms for our senior leadership team
- Update and maintain collaborative web space for PMO using intranet/ iConnect
- Ability to analyze data from PPM and other sources to provide meaningful analytics and metrics and to drive the desired results
- The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience with agile tools such as the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.), VersionOne, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly managing IT projects
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.