When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for ensuring quality products are produced, weighed, packaged and prepared for transfer to the warehousing facility.
- Stock molding rooms with necessary supplies during shift and at the end of shift before shift change.
- Immediately notifies maintenance of any quality or downtime issues.
- Pulls full boxes/crates from under machines.
- Inspects parts for any defects or quality issues before closing box/crate.
- Close all boxes/crates, weigh if necessary, apply label and stage.
- Bring in any colorant or resin, as directed by Lead Molding Operator.
- Moves all finished products to holding areas.
- Inspect and stack beakers off of tools, tie bags and label bags.
- Sort quarantine created by your assigned machines, when time permits.
- Removes and weighs all scrap by product and coordinates with Supervisor all totals.
- Keep assigned machines clean including the floor under and around machines, Wipe up oil leaks.
- Takes all trash to dumpster.
- Cover for other Mold Operator during breaks.
- May pull samples after 30 days on the job and be trained by lead operator.
- Performs other duties as requested by Production Supervisor or Molding Department Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Work well within a Team environment and ability to work independently, self motivated
- Follows company policies including safety and environmental policies
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.