The focus of the Supervisor will be on manufacturing operations for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Clinical Diagnostics Division. Responsible for the coordination and supervision of manufacturing personnel within production - filling and/or labeling operations. Establishes policies according to corporate and technical guidelines.
- Provides guidance and direction to Manufacturing Services personnel in Manufacturing Operations, performs evaluations, trains employees and provides skills development.
- Responsible for the consistent application of company policies and safety regulations.
- Ensures efficient operation of manufacturing activities by developing processes, materials, GMP and safety controls.
- Directs workflow between work groups to ensure production schedules are met.
- Provides guidance and training to employees to ensure QSR and ISO requirements have been properly implemented and are continually met. Works closely with other supervisors to ensure production and new product transfer schedules are met.
- Suggests/implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase departmental efficiency.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing/operations environment with a minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent work experience required.
- Previous work experience in a GMP environment is a must.
- Knowledge of QSRs for Medical Devices.
- Knowledge of safety procedures used in preventing and addressing injuries.
- Experience using computers and programs to generate labels and printed materials required.
- Will make decisions for Manufacturing Services Operations and personnel for daily activities.
- Will make decisions affecting the budget or operations/company-wide issues with Manager.
- Is able to implement programs that effect Manufacturing Services Operations or direct supply/customer groups.
- Will provide immediate response to safety issues affecting personnel.
- May be asked to act as a backup for the Manufacturing Services Manager.