When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will identify, evaluate, and execute “for commercial use” opportunities to partner the Synthetic Biology and Sample Prep business (“business unit”) products, capabilities and intellectual property with a focus on the Therapeutic Market. You will lead the market development, business development and champion cross-functional teams to bring partnerships to closure. Provide LCS leadership to the business unit.
Licensing and Business Development:
- Identify, evaluate and execute potential new business opportunities to partner Company’s products, capabilities and/or license business unit’s intellectual property to third parties using them for commercial purposes (i.e. OEM/re-sale, commercial services, etc.)
- Lead cross-functional teams (including finance, legal, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc.) to develop and negotiate business and financial terms to close targeted business transactions
- Internal business unit liaison to cross-functional teams for field-based Business Development Managers
- Partner facing alliance management for non-field based transactions. Provide alliance management support to field based Business Development Managers
- IP and Product focus will include mRNA, RNAi, Oligo Therapeutics, gene synthesis, gene delivery, gene editing, nucleic acid sample prep and other relevant matters for the business unit.
- Liaison with business unit to develop and execute LCS strategy and tactics for organic growth
- Conduct/coordinate with business unit market research to identify target customers, unmet needs and new market opportunities
- Monitor industry trends, market trends, emerging technology and competitor strategies in order to advance the business unit priorities.
- Conduct/coordinate industry trends, market trends, emerging technology and other company strategies in order to advance the business. training and go-to-market materials to support field Business Development Managers
- Provide RFA review and approval support
- Coordinate SKU setup and management
- Coordinate order support PMOs and Project Managers at Manufacturing Site. Assists (as requested) in the preparation of price quotations, terms of sale, delivery dates according to company policy and within guidelines Investigate product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints
- Lead LCS business advancement and financial reporting to the business unit and Division
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or life science.
- 8+ years of relevant business development experience, including identification & validation of strategic out licensing and product supply opportunities in the life sciences field.
- Proven track record of relevant completed business development transactions (please submit Deal Sheet with application).
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of intellectual property, patents, and contract law.
- Advanced knowledge of emerging therapeutic technologies and markets in cell/gene/RNA therapies and, specifically, of Company products.
- Advanced degree and/or MBA.
- Experience in developing new therapeutic markets.
- Project management experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.