When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Project Manager II
- Leads work stream in multifunctional projects or small scope projects (product line transfers, integrations, system upgrades, etc.)
- Possesses advanced understanding of Agile PLM, E1 and SAP and how each system supports existing processes.
- Creates and implements documentation to process change orders.
- Facilitates task team of internal/external resources to complete projects and solve problems/pursue opportunities.
- Serves as a mentor to peers to resolve technical issues with data or change orders
- Represents Product Data Management team and builds productive relationships in initiatives and projects.
- Expert on product lifecycle management’s data standards.
- Leads projects, end-to-end, to support integrations and acquisitions, product transfers and site consolidations. Activities may include data gathering, analysis, verification and socialization of solutions.
- Manages stakeholders’ expectations and achieves project deliverables and milestones by utilizing project management best practices. Applies professional judgment to resolve complex situations.
- Develops analytics, looks for trends and opportunities, and make recommendations for process and system improvements.
- Investigates root cause of technical issues and communicates with different functions to find results, as necessary.
- Leads work stream on multifunction projects and/or drives small scopes projects, as appropriate. Exercises judgment to identify next steps.
- Helps others drive SKU management productivity goals and objectives.
- Exercises discretion in completing projects and solving initiatives (such as making recommendations for downstream processes and system improvements).
- Processes Agile PC PLM Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs) following defined procedures if available; develop new procedures as necessary.
- Maintains integrity of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Item Master and Item Branch data, as necessary.
- Recognizes situations that are not explicitly called out in procedures or are ambiguous (Material Determination, MIC, Sales Views, etc); acts on knowledge of policy and works with others to recommend resolutions or clarification.
- Drives projects for process improvements where necessary
- Leads initiatives on new product data configuration strategies and approaches.
- Improves processes by streamlining and harmonizing, and consolidating when possible.
- Drives and communicates updates to data standards, systems (Agile, SAP, E1) and processes to affected functions/groups.
- Creates training materials and delivers training on new processes/requirements including training functions outside of the Product Data Management team, as necessary.
- Understands downstream systems (e.g. Siebel, Web, Trax, Hybris, etc.) that may affect internal and external customers.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.