You will be an integral part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of scientists, engineers working towards cutting edge scientific solutions in Bioinformatics of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
Job Responsibilities include:
Define metrics and develop test protocols to verify bioinformatics algorithms.
Implementing a multi-tiered set of test cases for algorithm validation and integration tests against test plans, especially for bioinformatics.
Working with software testing team members to create automated test cases for secondary/tertiary analysis software components.
Analyze results and troubleshoot error conditions.
Document results and communicate test data to interdisciplinary teams.
Coordinate with various stakeholders in system/primary/secondary analysis to drive issues to resolution.
Good understanding of molecular biology.
Responsible for writing algorithm test plans, executing algorithm and analysis software test cases, generating test reports, and communicating algorithm evaluation performance and testing status for iteration builds.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
· MS. or higher in Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Computer science/engineering, EE or related fields. Prefer PhD student.
· Strong knowledge of bioinformatics tools and public databases, e.g. BLAST, NCBI, UCSC Genome browser, OMIM, COSMIC etc.
· 3+ years of Software development skills and experience. Strong Perl and Python experience is needed.
· Experience with next-generation sequencing tools and techniques, statistics and bioinformatics, relational databases, and data mining.
· Strong expertise working in a Linux/Unix environment.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good understanding of software design and development cycle. Good understanding of algorithm testing best-practices is desired.
· Experience with Software production tools (IDE, source control, and document tracking)
· Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with scientists, engineers and software developers.
· Detail oriented and self-driven.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
· Java experience is highly desirable.