Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Regional Sales Manager, Northeast (remote) is responsible for building a high performance sales team and winning culture; developing, coaching, and retaining talent; building key customer partnerships; and is responsible for pipeline management in order to achieve / exceed sales results in an assigned region.
Specifically, the Regional Sales Manager assures profitable sales growth of Anatomical Pathology instrumentation and consumables within a sales region. These products are used by Pathology Laboratories to process and visualize human and animal tissues. This includes the direct supervision of the responsible Territory Account Managers and specialists, as well as the sales team coordination of selling efforts, territory management, relationship management with channel partners, expense management, and business planning for the assigned sales region. The preferred individual should have demonstrated managerial experience, and experience working with distributors and/or in the laboratory space highly preferred.
This position will be responsible for covering the states within the Northeast region, and requires up to 70% overnight travel within the region. Ideal candidate would live close to a major airport hub in the Northeast region. This person can be situated out of any states within the Northeast region such as NY, PA, MA, CT, NH, NJ, RI, DE, VT, ME, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving / exceeding sales quotas for a sales region to include instruments, consumables and point of sales service
- Leading, directing, prioritizing sales force activities in order to exceed quotas and implement key business plans
- Develop monthly 30-60-90 funnel activity for all instrument systems. Set expectations with team members to achieve goals and “inspect what you expect”
- Manage, coach and develop talent of regional sales force in new opportunity creation, selling, demonstrations, proposals, territory management, product installations, training and troubleshooting
- Field travel extensively (70%) working with sales team and key customers in region
- Work in a matrix organization to rally resources to accomplish sales goals
- Analyze and prepare sales forecasts, business reviews & CRM execution to ensure accuracy and accountability
- Assist direct reports with development of account specific strategies; drive tactical execution within assigned region
- Foster and grow positive key customer relations; coordinate with various functions within the company to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual is customer-focused keeping the customer as the priority
- Operate within established expense budgets
- Align with applicable Channel Partners / Distributors
- Attend state, regional, and national trade shows as applicable
- Monitor competitive activity and trends within the region; foster competitive solutions to meet assigned sales goals / quotas
- Drive applicable sales promotions within assigned region
- Perform other duties as required
- Act as a role model for the region
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of sales management experience required
- Demonstrated key position skills to include; leadership, questioning and needs analysis, negotiation, motivation, communication, organization, and persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, direct, and coach
- 5 - 10 years demonstrated selling achievement (s) with selling capital equipment and consumable types of products
- Individual with experience working with distributors and/or in the laboratory space highly preferred
- Demonstrated “consultative selling skills” experience and large account management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with key customers and large “Key Accounts” at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Computer proficient particularly in the Microsoft environment (experience with SFDC preferred)
- Self starter, attention to detail, team player
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Minimum of 70% travel is required and expected