This position is responsible for providing support to the operations team for processes, products, testing. In addition, this role will be involved in specific time studies, product testing and sustainability. Helping to identify root cause of any process or product issues, as well as driving resolution under the direction of the engineering department or supervision.
- Supports Operations by performing assigned manufacturing tests and follow up to ongoing scrap reduction projects.
- Conducts time studies on the assigned areas and reviews the data with the engineering team.
- Works with engineering in developing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as needed to provide guidance to plant personnel.
- Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
- Verbal communication with operations of significant quality events & procedure changes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to work independently.
- PC Skills Required (Basic MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to read assembly drawings and follow quality and operating procedures.
- A Mechanical Engineering student (3-4 years) with a good understanding of Material Mechanics
- An Industrial Engineering student (3-4 years) with a good understanding of lean and time studies.