Job ID :
India - Bangalore
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
- Develop unit and system test cases, working in-conjunction with the software development team.
- Execute test cases, document results, and work with software engineers to resolve issues.
- Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed to allow the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue.
- Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects.
- Champion and track resolution of identified software issues.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Experience with Unit Test and System Testing tools
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and determine root cause of defects
- Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
- Working knowledge of complex multi-tier software architectures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and status
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as more fully integrated software.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- B.A./B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences required
- 5+ years professional experience in commercial software development and testing